- Press Alt+F2 on keyboard to bring up ‘Enter a Command’ box, then input
nm-connection-editorand hit Enter.
- When the ‘Network Connections’ window pops up, click on the bottom-left plus button to create a new connection.
- In next window, select Wi-Fi from the drop-down box.
- After clicked the ‘Create…’ button, do following settings in next window.
- Type connection name: whatever as you want (
Ji-laptopin the case)
- Type SSID: whatever as you want (
ubuntu1804in the case)
- Select Mode: Hotspot
- (Optional) Set password in Wi-Fi security tab. (WPA & WPA2 Personal in my case)
- Finally in Wi-Fi Settings window, do:
- click the top-right menu and select Connect to Hidden Network…
- then choose connect to the previous created network.
The button is also deactivated on my system after I upgrade from 19.10 to 20.04. And this is how I manage to enable my hotspot.